Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 101

I have decided that Fall is my favorite time of the year. We haven't carved pumpkins since we have been married so I thought we should start the tradition before we have kids!

Since I picked the pumpkin, I let Brent decide what kind of face we will carve. He choose the scary one and when I was little I was the opposite. My mom has pictures of me and my brothers and they always carved the mean and scary looking ones but mine was always the happy one! Haha imagine that...me cheerful?!
You can't forget that of course we watched SCOOBY DOO! Whats a pumpkin carving party with out SCOOBY?!
After all said and done we turned off all the lights and put 3 tea light candles in the pumpkin and it looked amazing! Brent did a very good job...I will take credit for his uni brow though!!
Here is our pumpkin on our door step! HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!

8 comments:

Swensons said...

I LOVE the pumpkin carving. Brent did a pretty rock star job!!

The Allen Fam said...

Isn't it so funny how such little activities like that end up being SO MUCH FUN!! Brent did a good job, but I must say that the uni brow is amazing!!! You guys are so cute!!

Brad & Emily said...

You've inspired me. I want to buy a pumpkin tonight to carve with Brad now. Good tradition--especially while watching Scooby.

I wish we would have known we were both going to be in Rupert on the same weekend! Next time we go up, we'll let you know...just in case you're going at the same time. it'd be fun to see you!

Courtney said...

You guys are awesome! And... sorry I've been so delinquent in returning your call-- eek! Midterms were SUPPOSED to be last week, but geez, I've been a mess this week with school! Ryan is going to the game and I don't know yet exactly what I am doing... but we DO need to get together ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the Pumpkin guys! You are pros.

Sterzers said...

That is way fun!! I can't wait to carve pumpkins this fall I love halloween! Mostly just the candy but I like halloween too!

Kami Seamons said...

hey it was fun seeing you guys last week! you need to come around more often! props on the pumpkin carving!

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

Wow! Nice pumpkin. That is amazing. We didn't get to carve pumpkins this year. It made me sad, I love that tradition.
Looks like you guys are doing well. I'm glad I found your blog... I thought about you sometimes and what you were up to. I had so much fun with you at AE! That was years ago. Ha ha.
See ya!