Monday, February 16, 2009

You better watch out MARTHA!

HAPPY VALENTINES!!!
Me and Brent had a great Valentines. He ended up having to go to Reno from Wednesday tell last Saturday night for a Construction Management Competition for school. Brent had a great time and he is really glad that he went! On Tuesday night, I got home from work and he had some really pretty white rose's waiting for me with Madagascar 2! We love that movie, we suggest it to everyone who hasn't seen it yet! So since Brent was going to be gone for the rest of the week, I wanted to make a special day for him. We were thinking that he wouldn't get back on Saturday tell real late, so I had everything all planned out.
I made a pie. Not just any pie, it was a peach pie. What was so special about this pie was that instead of just making the crust and setting it on top, I cut out 48 hearts and used them for the crust! It was so perfect, I was so excited to share with Brent! I was up tell 1:30 on Friday making the pie, it was the funnest pie I have ever made by far. I found the idea from Martha Stewart and I think that I have her beat by far!! What do you think?

Martha's Pie

MY PIE!! She better watch out, I'm going to put her out of business!!!
Then, I figured out that since Brent would be home late he probably wouldn't want to go out to dinner so I went to Papa Murphy's and got a heart shaped pizza.

Well to say the least, Brent made it home by 7 on Saturday night and so we had some yummy pizza, pie and watched our movie! (I also washed his pick-up Burt for him and then got him a new wallet! The one he has, he got it when he was in high school. Way past time!!!)

We had a great Valentines! I'm so glad to have Brent back home with me! Martha, you better watch out, I'm going to put you to shame!!!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Carrie's baking beats the pants off Martha's any day. Except for those no-bakes you made with splenda once...no bueno for deanna.
xoxoxo

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

Wow! You're a pretty good cook. I don't think I have ever tried to bake a pie. But that was very creative and turned out great. Sounds like you had a great Valentines.